No need for a packet from the pantry when you have these easy-to-use ingredients and recipe on hand.
A delicious and simple base for your favorite kind of cocoa, check out the recipe for variations and add-ins!
Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, vegan and delicious!
- 2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 tbsps Cocoa Powder
- 3 tbsps Maple Syrup
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt (pinch!)
- Add milk to a saucepan and heat it over medium-low heat. Once it is warmed
- through (not boiling), add the cocoa powder, maple syrup and dark chocolate.
- Whisk well to combine.
- Continue to whisk until all ingredients are evenly distributed and cocoa has
- reached your preferred temperature. Taste, and add more maple syrup if
- needed. Divide into mugs and enjoy!
More Chocolate: Add 70% cocoa chips or shavings from a chocolate bar.
Peppermint Cocoa: Add one drop Peppermint Essential Oil.
Bulletproof / More Fat: Whisk in 1 tbsp butter and/or coconut oil at the end.
Holiday Special: Add whipped coconut cream to the top, and pop in a candy cane!