Less like a cake and more like a slightly-sweet flatbread, this quick recipe is super-versatile!
Enjoy it with yogurt for breakfast, smeared with almond butter and some sliced bananas as a snack, dipped in black bean soup for dinner or topped with whipped coconut cream as a dessert.
This recipe can be made with almost any flour, except for coconut. Rice flour, oat flour and cassava flour were all tested with great results!
Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, bring some sweet flatbread to the table and kill any cravings for sweets and bread by giving yourself a real food version of both.
Gluten-free, vegan, grain-free and delicious!
- 1 Plantain (very ripe, mashed or finely diced)
- 1 Egg
- ¾ cup Oat Flour (or Cassava flour)
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Line a cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the mashed plantain, egg, flour and cinnamon. Transfer to the cake pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through and slightly golden brown.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
Foods that Heal Plantains are high in potassium, helping your body with regular digestive and muscular function.