Strawberries love chocolate!
Ok, let’s be real, everyone loves chocolate.
Make the day or the occasion special by dipping your best and most beautiful berries into some melted dark chocolate, and add some coconut shavings for extra fun.
If you don’t feel like using a double boiler you can easily melt chocolate in 20 second increments in the microwave, taking it out to stir at each interval until it is melted.
Baby shower or random Thursday, this kid-approved, mama-approved treat hits the sweet spot and always induces smiles.
Gluten-free, vegan, grain-free and delicious!
- 3½ ozs Dark Organic Chocolate (at least 70% cacao)
- 4 cups Strawberries (whole)
- 2 tbsps Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Wash strawberries and dry very well. Spread a large piece of parchment paper across a large baking sheet.
- Fill one large pot with water and place a smaller pot inside. Bring to a boil then reduce to lowest heat. Ensure no water is able to escape into the smaller pot. Add the dark chocolate to the smaller pot and stir continuously until melted. Remove from stovetop.
- Tilt the pot with the melted chocolate to one side so that all the chocolate pools. Hold the strawberries by the stem and dip them into the melted chocolate one-by-one. Place on parchment paper. Sprinkle with shredded coconut immediately.
- Transfer the chocolate dipped strawberries to the fridge for 20 minutes or until chocolate is completely set. Remove from parchment paper and store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!
No Shredded Coconut Use coarse sea salt instead.
Add a Kick Sprinkle chocolate with a pinch of cayenne pepper before it hardens.
Foods that Heal The antioxidants in strawberries have been shown to decrease the inflammatory response within the body.