Light yet filling, this combo is a perfect lunchtime go-to or a welcome addition to any potluck.
It even stores well for eating cold from the fridge as leftovers!
Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and delicious!
- ½ cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 lb Shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- 2 tsps Cumin
- ½ tsp Sea Salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 3 tbsps Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 10 cups Kale Leaves (stems removed and chopped)
- 2 Carrot (medium, grated or sliced)
- Boil quinoa and water in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid for 13 - 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, coat the shrimp with cumin, salt and pepper. Heat ¼ of the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for about 3-5 minutes, flipping halfway.
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together the vinegar, maple syrup and remaining olive oil.
- Add the kale and carrot, and massage in the vinaigrette. Add the cooked quinoa and shrimp and toss until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide onto plates and enjoy!
Likes It Spicy: Add hot sauce or chili flakes to the skillet while cooking shrimp.
Prep Ahead: De-stem and chop kale. Grate carrots. Peel and de-vein shrimp.