When you cut brussels into thin ribbons (use a sharp knife or your mandolin!) you end up with a veggie that’s totally worthy of being eaten raw.
- 1 cup Lentils (cooked)
- ¼ cup Pumpkin Seeds (raw)
- 2 tsps Avocado Oil
- Sea Salt And Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 5 cups Brussels Sprouts (trimmed, very thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup Pomegranate Seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (191ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add the lentils, pumpkin seeds, avocado oil, sea salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove, shake the pan around and place back in the oven for 10 minutes more. Remove and set aside.
- In a small bowl or jar, add the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard and maple syrup. Shake well and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Add the brussels sprouts, lentils, pumpkin seeds and dressing to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Top with pomegranate seeds, if using. Divide onto plates, serve and enjoy!
More Flavor Season the lentils with garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, dill and/or dried basil. Add fresh green onion or chives to the salad.
Additional Toppings Top with organic goat cheese, feta, parmesan, cashew cheese, or pine nuts for more protein, creaminess, and flavor!