Figs are sexy, there’s no other way to say it. They work beautifully a salad.
They boost the immune system and are antibacterial and antifungal.
Add them to greens and dress them up with some pumpkin seeds and you’ve got a light lunch or side that will make your tastebuds sing!
Make it creamy by doing cheese (if you can do cheese, organic goat or fresh mozarella would be amazing) or go for avocado.
Meat free? Dress a can of chickpeas (drained, rinsed, and blotted dry) with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in a 450 degree oven for 20-30 minutes to use in place of the prosciutto.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, vegan-optional, and delicious!
- 4 cups Arugula
- 4 Fig (quartered)
- 3 ozs Prosciutto (torn into slices)
- 2 tbsps Pumpkin Seeds
- 1½ tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- Add the arugula, figs, prosciutto and pumpkin seeds into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sea salt together.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, serve and enjoy!
Make It Vegan: Dress a can of chickpeas (drained, rinsed, and blotted dry) with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in a 450 degree oven for 20-30 minutes to use in place of prosciutto.
Foods that Heal: Figs boost the immune system and are naturally antibacterial and antifungal.