This method will help you make a perfect piece of white fish topped with crazy flavorful veggies.
Prepare to wow your dinner guests! Prepare to become a better skillet-cook.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free and delicious!
- 2 pieces White Fish
- ½ tsp Sea Salt (pinch)
- 2 tbsps Brown Rice Flour
- 2 tbsps Avocado Oil
- 2 stalks Celery
- ¼ cup Shallot
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ½ cup Assorted Olives (sliced)
- 2 tbsps Herbs (tarragon, basil, parsley)
- ¼ cup Organic Vegetable Broth (or white wine)
- ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes (optional, if in season)
- Heat skillet over medium heat until very hot. Add oil.
- Dust fish with rice flour and lightly salt.
- Cook time depends on thickness of fish: anywhere from 2-5 minutes per side, until fish turns from translucent to opaque.
- Remove and plate. Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add more oil if needed then add celery & shallots to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften. Pour in a few tablespoons of optional broth or wine if you like things saucy, and allow to simmer. Sauté until veggies soften and/or liquid reduces.
- Add the garlic and crushed red pepper in a small well at the center of the skillet and saute until fragrant, 30 seconds or so, then combine with the remainder of the vegetables.
- Add olives and optional tomatoes to the pan, warming them through, and right at the end toss in the herbs.
- Place this special topping on your fish and enjoy!
Add a green vegetable: Asparagus, broccoli, sauteed spinach, collards, or green beans.