Hard squash is beautiful because it works both as a holiday food and an everyday food.
Delicata is particularly under-appreciated and oh-so-sweet, and (best part) you can eat the skin! No peeling needed.
Combined with the goat cheese, nuts, and herbs this simple savory squash dish sings as either a side or a main!
Use dollops of cashew cheese if you’re dairy-free, and go for pumpkin seeds if you’re nut-free.
Bring it to your holiday table or your dinner table and enjoy!
- 1 Delicata Squash (washed and chopped with skin on)
- 2 cups Butternut Squash (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tsp Avocado Oil
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ cup Hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup Goat Cheese (crumbled)
- 1 tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the chopped squash to the baking sheet, drizzle with avocado oil, sea salt, pepper to taste and bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Add the chopped hazelnuts to the baking sheet at the halfway point.
- Remove the squash from the oven and transfer to a platter. Garnish with goat cheese and fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!
No Parsley: Omit or use another fresh herb of your choice.
No Avocado Oil: Use extra virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil instead.
No Dairy: Omit the cheese or use cashew cheese.
Foods that Heal: The beta-carotene found in butternut squash helps to support the immune system.