If you’ve been traumatized by goopy, wet, flavorless spaghetti squash in the past, you need to give it another shot.
When you pull out the extra moisture and cook them in rings, the squash strands cook up perfectly!
Try pairing with tomato sauce or pesto, and using in a skillet stir-fry with protein and other veggies. It’s amazing baked into casseroles!
Make it at meal prep, and use it all week long as a low carb and nourishing base for all your quick creations.
Yummy, filling, satisfying, and fun! Discover spaghetti squash again.
Gluten-free, grain-free, vegan, dairy-free, and delicious!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash (large)
- 2 tsps Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the spaghetti squash into even rings through its belly. Carve out the seeds and set aside. Place the rings onto the baking sheet and salt liberally. Let sit 20 minutes.
- Once the squash releases water, blot it dry with a tea towel or paper towel until dry. Lightly oil all sides and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the oven and let it cool. Use a fork to shred the flesh into noodles. Enjoy!
Leftovers Cooked spaghetti squash keeps well in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.