Eat the chicken for dinner on night 1, then shred up the leftover meat to add to burritos, bowls, and salads for lunch.
Chicken soup, anyone?
Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, and delicious!
- 4 lbs Whole Roasting Chicken
- 2 tbsps Butter (or olive oil)
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt (or more)
- 1½ tsps Black Pepper
- 1 head Garlic
- 1 bunch Thyme Sprigs (fresh)
- 1 Lemon (halved)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (177ºC).
- Place chicken in a roasting pan, and season the cavity generously with salt and pepper. Stuff the inside of the chicken with both halves of lemon, all of the garlic, and a handful of thyme.
- Brush the outside of the chicken with melted butter or olive oil (using both creates even better flavor!) and liberally salt and pepper. If you are roasting the chicken with other vegetables (see notes) add those to the bottom of the roasting pan, lightly coated in oil and salt.
- Bake uncovered for 75-90 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 180ºF (83ºC).
- Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Roasting Times: If you are using a bigger or smaller chicken, adjust roasting time to be about 30 minutes per pound.
Zero Waste: Save the chicken carcass to make Immunity Boosting Bone Broth.
Leftovers: Meat can be kept for up to 3 days in a covered container in the fridge.