You don’t need to hit the coffee shop to get your autumn latte fix. They use sweet artificial syrups to make that flavor anyway.
Using maple syrup and actual pumpkin works beautifully, and if you blend it all up in a blender you get some foam on top too!
Trying to cut back on coffee? No problem. Use black tea, dandelion tea, chicory, or chai and get the same effect without the adrenal burnout coffee can promote.
Pull out your pumpkin pie spice and blender and enjoy a foamy sweet Real Food latte this Autumn season. Or any time of year!
Gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, and delicious!
- ½ cup Organic Coffee
- 2 tbsps Pureed Pumpkin
- 1½ tbsps Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¾ cup Unsweetened Milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Brew your coffee and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir the pumpkin, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice until combined. Slowly whisk in milk. Bring mixture to a low simmer, stirring occasionally and remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Transfer milk mixture to a blender and pulse several times until foamy and frothy. (You can also use a hand-held immersion blender instead.)
- Add milk mixture to your hot coffee. You may want to use a spoon to gently hold back the frothy top layer while pouring. Top your latte with this remaining froth.
- Top with a dollop of homemade organic whipped cream or coconut whipped cream (optional) and sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice. Enjoy!
No Blender Whisk vigorously by hand when the milk mixture starts to simmer on the stove. FYI, this will not create the same froth as a blender or immersion blender but still tasty!
Pumpkin Lover Add an extra 1 tbsp of pureed pumpkin per serving.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Mix ¼ cup ground cinnamon, 4 tsp ground nutmeg, 4 tsp ground ginger and 1 tbsp ground allspice. Store in an air-tight container.
Coffee Free Replace coffee with decaf black tea, chai tea, mushroom coffee, roasted dandelion root tea, or brewed chicory root.