There’s no denying pesto makes food tasty, this quick version is no exception!
These wraps hit the spot for any meal, and with 2 cups of hidden spinach, are packed with nutrients.
Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and delicious!
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 1 cup Organic Vegetable Broth
- ⅔ cup Walnuts
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Basil Leaves
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 4 Brown Rice Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place chicken breasts in a oven-safe glass dish and pour in vegetable broth. Tightly cover with foil. Bake in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, create your pesto by combining walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice, spinach, basil, sea salt and black pepper in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Remove chicken from oven. Use a fork to shred the chicken.
- Place the pulled chicken in a bowl and toss with desired amount of pesto.
- Place your brown rice tortillas on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Place in oven and watch closely for 2-4 minutes. (You can also toast the tortillas over a gas stove on low-medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Watch very closely. Or warm in a microwave for 45 seconds.) Set toasted tortillas aside.
- Drop a few spoonfuls into a brown rice tortilla and wrap it up. Enjoy!
Make It Crunchy: Add diced celery, cherry tomatoes or sunflower seeds.
Make It Vegetarian: Skip the chicken and use roasted chickpeas.
Prep Ahead: Make pesto. Cook chicken.