White potatoes get a bad rap. Eat these instead of deep-fried fries!
They make a satisfying grain-free side to any dish.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, vegan, and delicious!
- 4 Russet Potato (medium, cut into wedges)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the potato wedges to a mixing bowl and season with oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the seasoned potato wedges on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the bottom side is crisp and golden brown then flip each potato wedge over and continue to bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
No Olive Oil: Use Avocado Oil instead
Leftovers: Extra potato wedges will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven to maintain crispiness or eat them cold dragged through some hummus or chimichurri as a snack!
Foods That Heal: White potatoes get a bad rap! Listen to your own body. They provide plenty of minerals (concentrated in the skin!) which is important for bone and nerve health. They also offer important prebiotic fiber to the bacteria in your gut.