Stop baking your salmon, it’s beyond perfect when pan seared, especially in cast iron!
Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free and delicious!
- 1 Wild Salmon Fillet (skin on)
- 2 tbsps Avocado Oil (or any high smoke point fat, like ghee)
- 1 Sea Salt & Black Pepper (pinch, to taste)
- 1 Lemon
- Preheat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Make sure it's good and hot before you add oil.
- Blot salmon fillets with paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Coat both sides of salmon evenly with salt and pepper.
- Coat bottom of skillet with oil.
- Place fillets, skin side down, in skillet. They should make a nice sizzling sound!
- Cook about 4-5 minutes on first side, until opaque pink begins to travel up the side of the fillet.
- Flip, and cook about 3 minutes on second side, or until salmon is just cooked through.
- Plate, then squeeze lemon over fillets.