Collard hater? That’s ok. You’re about to be converted!
Cut and cook your collards this way and you’ll be eating more leafy greens and reaping the benefits in no time.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free and delicious!
- 1 bunch Collard Greens
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- ⅛ tsp Red Pepper Flakes (pinch)
- 1 Garlic Cloves
- ½ Lemon
- Wash your greens and remove leaves from the large thick stems running down the center.
- Make a flat pile with the leaves then roll them up lengthwise, like a cigar.
- Thinly cut up the length of the “cigar”, creating thin ribbons of greens.
- Pour the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Put ribboned greens in skillet, add salt and pepper and cook, stirring regularly, until greens become bright green, about 2-3 minutes.
- Push the greens to the side, creating a well in the center of the skillet and pour a small amount of oil in that open space.
- Add chopped garlic cloves and a pinch of crushed red pepper to the well, and cook for 30 seconds until garlic is fragrant, then combine everything in the skillet.
- Squeeze fresh lemon over the greens, turn off heat, plate and enjoy!