Don’t let dark leafy greens intimidate you, show them who’s boss!
Flavorful in the best way, this method and flavor profile will convert you green-haters into lovers, and tastes especially good with an egg on top.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, vegan and delicious!
- 1 bunch Kale Leaves (tear into bite sized pieces)
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Sea Salt (pinch)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes (or more to taste!)
- ¼ Lemon (lemon wedge for squeezing )
- Wash kale and tear or chop into bite sized pieces.
- Melt the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Put greens in skillet, add salt and cook, stirring regularly, until greens become bright green, about 2-3 minutes.
- Push the greens to the sides of the skillet, making a well in the middle of the pan. Add a bit more oil, then garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for about a minute, then stir the aromatics into the greens, incorporating it all together.
- Turn off heat and squeeze lemon over the entire skillet.
Cooking greens: Removing the stems from the greens will help cut down on cook time, toughness, and some of the bitterness.