Cold noodles in a nutty sauce is a big win!
This one also incorporates some nutrient-dense veggies, for a complete, nourishing, and very yummy meal.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and delicious!
- 3½ cups Brown Rice Spaghetti
- 2 tbsps Tahini
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 2 tsps Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1½ tsps Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsps Water
- ¼ cup Radishes (thinly sliced)
- 1 Carrot (thinly sliced into ribbons or spiralized)
- ¼ cup Mint Leaves (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Chickpeas (cooked, from the can)
- Make the noodles according to the directions on the package, drain and rinse with cold water. Return to the pot (but don't heat).
- Combine the tahini, olive oil, lime juice, tamari, sesame oil, maple syrup and water in a jar. Mix very well to combine until smooth. Add extra water, one tablespoon at a time if needed to thin the sauce.
- Add the sauce to the noodles and toss to coat.
- Add the radishes, carrot, mint, and chickpeas to the noodles and toss to mix.
- Divide into bowls and enjoy!
Leftovers: Best enjoyed cold or at room temperature. Store in the fridge up to 3 to 4 days. Add extra lime juice or olive oil to loosen it up if it sticks after being refrigerated.
No Olive Oil: Use avocado oil instead.
Sticky Noodle Prevention: Toss the noodles in a splash of oil after cooking to prevent them from sticking.
Extra Garnish: Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
No Tamari: Use coconut aminos or soy sauce instead.
Foods That Heal: Carrots boost bile production, which increases the body’s ability to digest fat.