This easy-peasy flatbread is free of all-the-things (gluten, dairy, grains, egg) and is super-pliable and tasty!
Great for your taco night, stuffed with black beans and roasted sweet potato, or as a quick way to wrap-up your lunchtime tuna.
Even easier when you use a tortilla press, but completely do-able with a rolling pin, this “dough” is great to work with and comes together quickly!
Soft, warm, bendable, and bread-y, this flatbread / wrap might just become your new favorite go-to recipe.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free vegan, grain-free, and delicious!
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsps Psyllium Husk Powder
- ¾ tsp Chives (dried or fresh)
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus extra for greasing)
- 1 cup Water (warm)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, psyllium husk, chives, baking soda and salt.
- Add the oil and water. Knead with your hands and form a ball. The texture should be soft and elastic, but not sticky. If the dough is too wet, add more psyllium husk. If it is too dry, add water.
- Cut the dough into 4 servings.
- Place one dough ball between two sheets of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll it out evenly to approximately 8 inches wide. Repeat until the remaining balls of dough are shaped. Alternatively, use a tortilla press with parchment on both sides.
- Very lightly grease a cast iron or non-stick pan and place over medium-high heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Grease the pan as needed and repeat until all servings are cooked. Enjoy!
No Chives: Add dried or fresh basil, oregano, or thyme to the flour before mixing.
Serve it With:Wrapped around tuna / chicken salad or falafel, stuffed with cubed tofu or roasted chickpeas, dipped in hummus or tzatziki sauce.
Foods that Heal: Psyllium husk is an edible soluble fiber and prebiotic that helps you stay regular and effectively eliminate waste from the digestive tract.