Drumsticks are especially good on the grill, and zucchini is one of those veggies that fires up well!
This marinade is tasty, let your drumsticks soak it up for up to 24 hours prior, to really make them tasty.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, vegan and delicious!
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 1 Navel Orange (juiced)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus extra for zucchini)
- ½ Sweet Onion (finely diced)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 lbs Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 Zucchini
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Combine the lime juice, orange juice, olive oil, onion, sea salt, chili powder, black pepper and cumin in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add drumsticks to a large ziplock baggie. Add in the marinade. Seal the bag and shake well. Place in the fridge to marinade up to 24 hours.
- Slice your zucchinis in half lengthwise. Toss in a splash of olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat. You will want the thermometer to read about 400.
- Grill the chicken for about 10 minutes per side or until cooked through. Add the zucchini
- to the grill face down at the halfway point.
- Remove chicken and zucchini from the grill. Serve over a bed of mixed greens and garnish with herbs like chopped cilantro if you like. Enjoy!
More Flavor:Drizzle with a lime wedge before serving.
Make It Veggie: Marinate and grill non-GMO tofu and/or sweet potato slices instead of chicken.
Marinate the chicken in advance and store in the fridge or freezer.