This soup is good food. Period.
It’s filled with veggies and broth and is nourishing and tasty as hell!
It’s also crazy filling in the belly without feeling heavy.
Eat it for breakfast as a quick and easy “I prepped my food in advance!” meal, pack it for lunch or serve it for dinner or as a side to a protein or with some socca.
Warming and soothing, this soup hits the spot however you choose to slurp it down
- 8 Carrot (medium, chopped)
- 2 Yellow Potato (medium, chopped)
- 6 stalks Green Onion (green parts only)
- 2 tsps Dried Thyme
- 1½ tsps Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Allspice
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Cumin (ground)
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg (ground)
- 4 cups Organic Broth (bone broth or veggie broth)
- 2 tbsps Maple Syrup
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Milk (full fat, from the can)
- ¼ cup Cilantro (optional, chopped)
- Add carrots, potato, green onion tops, thyme, ginger, allspice, sea salt, cumin, nutmeg, vegetable broth and maple syrup to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Use a handheld immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth and creamy. Add more broth or water if needed to achieve desired consistency. Stir in lime juice and coconut milk.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with cilantro (optional) and any leftover green onion. Enjoy!
No Immersion Blender: Use a regular blender instead. Be careful and always leave room for the steam to escape.
Likes it Spicy: Add a chopped jalapeno pepper.
Foods that Heal: Carrots boost bile production, which increases the body’s ability to digest fat and leads to smoother digestion.