Cabbage is your friend, especially when you combine it with sweet apples!
Low in carbohydrates, high in cancer-fighting compounds, it’s a veggie you can get excited about loading up on.
This simple recipe makes a tangy, tasty, and totally crave-worthy side that cooks up in no time and even tastes great leftover!
Grab the recipe and watch the quick video below, and get inspired to make cabbage a regular in your rotation.
- 1 head Green Cabbage (small, or use half a head)
- 2 Apple
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt (or more to taste)
- 2 tbsps Ghee (or olive oil)
- ¼ cup Bone Broth (or vegetable stock or water)
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (or balsamic)
- Chop cabbage into ribbons, discarding the core. Chop apples into thick slices.
- Add ghee or olive oil to the pot and once melted, add cabbage and apples.
- Add salt and pepper, and sautee for a few minutes, until coated in seasoning and oil.
- Add liquid (broth, water) to the pot and cover. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once cabbage has cooked down in volume and is soft (you may need to remove the lid to allow the last of the liquid to cook of) add apple cider vinegar and mix in. Remove from heat, serve, and enjoy!
Leftovers Refrigerate in an air-tight container up to 3-4 days, or freeze.
Foods that Heal The phytonutrients in apples help to keep your arteries clear. An apple a day!