Great as an appetizer, awesome as a meal, this tasty recipe hints at all the Asian flavors you love, without any hard-to-find ingredients.
It’s versatile too: swap out the ground meat for lentils and make it meat-free.
Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and delicious!
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 White Onion (diced)
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 2 lbs Organic Ground Turkey
- 2 tbsps Tamari
- 2 heads Boston Lettuce / Bibb Lettuce (peeled
- into leaves and washed)
- 3 stalks Green Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Matchstick Carrots
- ¼ cup Raw Peanuts (chopped)
- 1 Lime (sliced into wedges)
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the ginger, onion, sea salt and pepper and saute for about 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add in the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add in the ground meat and break it up as it cooks. Once it is cooked through and browned, add in the tamari or aminoes. Continue to saute until the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon the mixture from the skillet into the center of a lettuce leaf and top with green onion, carrots and peanuts. Squeeze a lime wedge overtop, wrap and enjoy!
Vegetarian/Vegan: Use 2 cups cooked brown lentils instead of ground meat.
Nut free: Garnish with sesame seeds instead of peanuts.
No Tamari: Use Coconut Aminoes.
Likes It Spicy: Add hot sauce or chili flakes.
Prep Ahead: Peel and grate ginger. Chop white onion and green onion.