Great as an appetizer, awesome as a meal, this tasty recipe hints at all the Asian flavors you love, without any hard-to-find ingredients.
It’s versatile too: swap out the ground meat for lentils and make it meat-free.
Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and delicious!
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 White Onion (diced)
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 2 lbs Organic Ground Turkey
- 2 tbsps Tamari
- 2 heads Boston Lettuce / Bibb Lettuce (peeled
- into leaves and washed)
- 3 stalks Green Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Matchstick Carrots
- ¼ cup Raw Peanuts (chopped)
- 1 Lime (sliced into wedges)
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the ginger, onion, sea salt
- and pepper and saute for about 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add in the
- garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add in the ground meat and break it up as it cooks. Once it is cooked through and
- browned, add in the tamari or aminoes. Continue to saute until the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon the mixture from the skillet into the center of a lettuce leaf and top with green
- onion, carrots and peanuts. Squeeze a lime wedge overtop, wrap and enjoy!
Vegetarian/Vegan: Use 2 cups cooked brown lentils instead of ground meat.
Nut free: Garnish with sesame seeds instead of peanuts.
No Tamari: Use Coconut Aminoes.
Likes It Spicy: Add hot sauce or chili flakes.
Prep Ahead: Peel and grate ginger. Chop white onion and green onion.