HOW TO COOK & EAT MORE
without breaking your back or the bank
when you join:
MILLIONS OF WOMEN KNOW THEY NEED TO EAT MORE NOURISHING FOODS.
Yet they don’t cook for themselves on a regular basis.
Maybe you are the type to walk into the kitchen with best intentions to cook up all the great food in your refrigerator but you quickly become drained, overwhelmed, or resentful, and eventually resort to spreading peanut butter on something and calling it a meal.
Maybe you know exactly what you need to be eating, but you are extremely inconsistent with your efforts, going through phases of being “on the wagon” and adhering perfectly, then allowing that one bad choice to be the reason you fall back “off the wagon” and struggle with finding the perfect time to get back on.
Maybe you are battling physical symptoms that make you swear every day you’ll change your diet to that new miracle “only consume chicken beaks” protocol you read about, but your depression, discomfort and exhaustion keeps you trapped in a habit loop of less-than-nourishing choices and self-loathing.
Maybe you spend hundreds per week on pre-packaged “health-foods” and eating out, justifying it as the only way to make Real Foods happen in your busy life, but you wonder if you could feel better with some nutrient-dense home-cooked food in you (and what would be different if you had some of that cash back!)
Maybe you are a total Pinterest recipe addict, and jam all the latest superfoods into your smoothies, but your constant desire to find the “right” way to eat keeps you second guessing what to actually consume on a daily basis, so you smear some almond butter on something and call it a meal.
THESE WELL-MEANING (BUT SORT OF ANNOYING) FOOD HELPERS WANT YOU TO BELIEVE
THEY HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS TO YOUR STRUGGLES WITH FOOD!
- THE “TOTALLY BORN THAT WAY” SUPER-SLENDER COOKBOOK AUTHOR who makes the process of cooking and eating nothing but dried twigs and (probably poisonous) wild-foraged berries look impossibly easy, satisfying, and even sexy.
- THE MILITANT FOOD-BOOTCAMPER who offers their 21-day/30-day miracle fix for your eating woes, only if you perfectly execute a totally overwhelming and seriously restrictive protocol using only their (time-consuming and weird-ingredient) recipes and shopping lists.
- THE SUPPLEMENT AND PROTEIN PACKED SHAKE EXPERT that has you hooked-in and paying insane prices for their “just as good as food!” drink replacements that taste like a glass of chocolate flavored sawdust and make you gain all the weight back when you stop.
- THE SPECIALIST who you have pinned all your hopes on to finally give you some deeper answers to your physical/mental/emotional imbalances who tells you food really doesn’t have anything to do with how you feel. And then writes you another prescription.
WHAT WILL YOUR HEALTH LOOK LIKE IN 5 YEARS IF YOU DON’T START SHIFTING YOUR
YOU COULD END UP EVEN MORE FOGGY / TIRED / DEPRESSED / ANXIOUS THAN YOU ARE NOW
The effect of crappy food on a crappy mood is well proven. Sugar alone can exacerbate anxiety, cause cognitive decline, contribute to ADHD and cultivate addiction. Do you even know how badly those artificial flavors and colors are messing with your brain function and contributing towards those headaches?
YOU COULD END UP WITH AN AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE (OR A SECOND AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE)
There are about 100 different types of chronic and life-threatening AI diseases. It is one of the top 10 leading causes of death in female children and women in all age groups. Food plays a profound part in preventing, controlling, and mitigating the often crippling symptoms of auto-immunity.
YOUR WEIGHT STRUGGLES MIGHT NEVER END
Of course what you eat has to do with weight, but scarier than that, everything you have been told in order to help you lose weight has made you sicker. We are a nation of overweight people who are malnourished, inflamed, and fatigued. Eating nutrient dense Real Foods supports weight loss because it actually heals and brings balance to the body!
YOU COULD (SERIOUSLY, NOT BEING DRAMATIC HERE) DIE
Regular consumption of refined sugar, GMO’s, hydrogenated oils and artificial ingredients (hidden in thousands of foods, sometimes disguised as health foods!) can lead to: insulin resistance & diabetes, nutritional deficiencies, allergies, obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease and cancer.
4 TOTALLY LEGIT REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU THE TIME TO GET IN THE KITCHEN IS
- MY METHODS: While I have always found enjoyment in cooking, I never liked planning, spending too much time in the kitchen, following involved recipes, cleaning up, or dealing with complaints about the food. Because of this, I have developed cooking methods that have freed me from recipes and overly-complicated eating protocols.
- THE CERTIFICATION: I studied Health Behavior Change and Habit Formation at Duke Integrative Medicine and have spent over 400 hours coaching and teaching over the last 4 years. Once I learned exactly how the brain changes and creates new habits I developed a methodology for implementing this very shift within the kitchen.
- MY EXPERIENCE: As a (formerly) anxious, totally disorganized, easily overwhelmed and full-of-every-excuse kind of person, I have discovered the power of mindfulness, taking a darn breath every once in awhile, and shifting my perspective as a pivotal part of being successful in the kitchen process. As a result, I’ve actually found an authentic joy in the work of loving my body with food!
- THE BOTTOM LINE: As someone who has tried dozens of protocols, diets and eating styles (from Weight Watchers to Health-Food-Junk-Food to Low-Fat to strict Auto-Immune Protocol to Candida Cleanses to Green Juice Fasts to Paleo to Nourishing Traditions/GAPS) I have ultimately found that Intuitive Eating of 95% Real Foods has yielded me the greatest happiness, freedom, and health.
I don’t eat perfectly all the time, I’m not super-skinny, and sometimes I really don’t want to cook dinner.
I’m a woman who has come to believe that the more intention I put into the process of stepping into and owning my time in the kitchen making food that nourishes me; the more I have healed, the more I have grown, the more I have truly inhabited my body and life.
And I believe that same thing can happen for you.
There is a ton of really great information out there in the food world, and much of it can be helpful, but this non-stop assault of (militant and often conflicting) nutrition advice, protocols, and billions of new recipes published every day is not helpful.
The experts out there want to tell you exactly WHAT to eat, but then the love stops there. They actually don’t show you HOW to change the deep-seeded habits that keep you stuck and spinning. Like:
- What to do when you’re in the pantry staring at your husband’s junk, trembling with the most intense desire you have ever known to make-out with an Oreo.
- How to stop accidentally driving through Chick-fil-A for waffle fries…twice a week.
- What to do when you’re obsessing about what to eat every other minute.
- How to change the crappy way you feel about yourself when you believe the lie that you are never going to make consistently good choices / change your health with food / feel and look good / have a better life.
Changing your HABITS is what will help you change your EATING.
And changing your EATING is what will help you change your HEALTH.
And changing your HEALTH is what will ultimately transform your LIFE.
IMAGINE WHAT LIFE WOULD BE LIKE 1 YEAR FROM NOW IF YOU HAVE A HABIT OF REGULARLY KICKING-ASS IN THE KITCHEN?
- It’s a new week, and you wake up without wanting to die/hit snooze 30 times. You can actually get your body out of bed without saying things like “Dear God, help me” or hobbling hopelessly to the bathroom (only to fall back asleep on the toilet or while in the shower.)
- Your regular morning ritual includes time in the kitchen, and as you sip your tasty AM beverage, you open the stocked-with-serious-bounty fridge and pull out some goodness. In under 10 minutes you’ve got breakfast happening, and lunch is on its way to being packed up and ready-to-go.
- As you rock your day and your life, feeling sharp and not wanting to stab everyone around you for no reason, you only think about food when it’s relevant. You’re not on the hunt for cookies, wondering where to stop for lunch, or worrying about what to make for dinner.
- On the way home, you don’t have to do the thing where you stop at the store to get “just a few things” but leave with 30 totally random items that end up rotting in the bottom of your produce drawer.
- At dinner, you’ve got the confidence and know-how to walk into the kitchen and cook a meal in 30 minutes, and it’s really darn good – tasty, cohesive, creative, and perhaps even a teeny bit fun to make.
- Your after-dinner treat doesn’t make you want to wear a lambswool sweater to bed just to punish yourself all night long for your lack of self-control, and in fact, it hits the spot and you can actually walk away after eating a perfect human-sized portion.
A MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM TO HELP YOU ROCK YOUR KITCHEN AND EATING WITHOUT HATING YOUR FAMILY OR LIFE.
EXCLUSIVE MEMBERS-ONLY CONTENT
I reserve some of my best (and most entertaining!) videos and insight just for members : really dig into the habits that will move you from“one day I’ll eat better!” to “I’m doing this for real!”
My best stuff is all yours, member: every recipe e-book that I publish, cheatsheets, lists, and mindset tips galore so your food-game is on-point and your life can go where you want it to.
Get access to the wildly popular 7-day challenges that help you apply the knowledge and step-up your commitment to yourself. We have a different theme every month!
Some of our most popular ones include: Hydration Challenge, Sugar-Free Challenge, and Re-Make Your Morning Challenge.
Members receive email and social media prompts for each day of the challenge so it’s easy to stay on track, right alongside me as I do the full Challenge with you!
COACHING & MASTERCLASSES
Each month, members can hop onto a helpful and fun video live call with Ry and experience an hour of coaching focused around one game-changing topic.
Chime in with your stuck-points, feel the power of acknowledging your wins, and soak up the all-important group energy that gives the “I’m not alone!” feeling each and every time you tune in.
Exclusive Live Masterclasses are also offered once per quarter, either by a guest or Ry herself, so you can dive even deeper into the concepts that will help you change your relationship to food, your kitchen, and your health… for good!
A re-play of these coaching and Masterclass sessions is always available to members for watching at their own pace.
The NSK app for members with social feed is where you access all if your content. I post prompts in there 3-5 times per week…this means you always have non-stop inspiration and accountability!
Food photos, insightful questions and answers, relevant articles, funny moments, and shared challenges, this group is the place for keeping The New School Kitchen alive and vibrant for you on a day-to-day basis.
WEEKLY MENU PLANS
Each week, a new menu plan is released on the NSK app. Ry pulls from her best recipes and puts together a plan so you don’t have to. Menu plans are Real Food focused and always gluten-free. Various eating styles are honored and recipes are delicious!
LET’S TALK CASH!
New habits are formed over time,
which is why quick-fixes with food never ever work.
And why a monthly commitment that you can cancel at any time
just makes more sense.
Use the program until your kitchen is New School,
and then let it go when you’re ready!
HERE’S SOME THINGS PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT WORKING WITH ME AND USING THESE METHODS.
What I’m noticing now is that these habits — nutrition, food prep, self care — are becoming priorities and now lifestyle choices for me and, by extension, my whole family. I have seen huge jumps in my energy level and drops in anxiety and depression. I just feel good and that makes me able to deal with everything that’s going on without breaking. I’m overjoyed to be on the Real Food train — no processed foods, no sugar, lots of clean proteins and veggies — and it feels great!
I love being in The New School Kitchen. The resources, the community, and of course the challenge of making small changes has helped me really learn and grow in the kitchen. Plus, I eat way more veggies now!
Being a New School Kitchen Member has completely changed the way I approach food for myself and my family, and it feels awesome! I’m cooking with fresh ingredients, loving the way my food tastes, and getting more confident in the kitchen every week. Beyond that, I’m noticing what foods and habits are not serving my body, and making different choices without feeling deprived or doing anything extreme. This approach is totally do-able, and I recommend The New School Kitchen Membership to all of my clients who take part in the Fit4Mom classes!
I have loved being a member! The benefits go beyond food, though that part of it is wonderful. The NSK has impacted my relationship with my husband, our daughter, our work, our bodies, and our general outlook on life. I have loved paying attention to the effects my kitchen has on our life and making changes for the better. I recommend the NSK to everyone!
I was a smoker for over 16 years. Thanks to The New School Kitchen, I have officially quit! After months of eating clean, I began noticing how great my body felt, and I also couldn’t help but notice how bad the cigarettes were making me feel. I feel like I can do anything now! I am so so grateful for The New School Kitchen and the strength and motivation it gave me to finally conquer my addiction.
MEMBERSHIP OPEN NOW!
After joining you will get immediate access to The New School Kitchen goodies!
Each month, you’ll get a new challenge, video bonus, exclusive recipes, and a live coaching or masterclass inside the private Facebook group.
If you are curious, make the leap now!