Taking shots has a whole new meaning once you learn to juice and blend foods into medicine!
This super-citrusy shot of goodness is strong, but in a good way.
Lemon and orange offer you a mega-dose of vitamin C, and the turmeric and ginger deliver anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting benefits.
Add some cucumber or romaine to the juicer or blender to thin it out and tame the flavor if you need something more mild.
You can also add a spoonful of raw honey to the concoction for sweetness and even more more immune boosting benefits. For the brave? Try a sprinkle of cayenne!
However you take your shot, know that this liquid gold is working hard to keep you healthy or help you get well.
Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, vegan, and delicious!
- 1½ tbsps Ginger (peeled, rough chopped)
- 1 tbsp Turmeric (peeled, rough chopped)
- 1 Lemon (peeled, seeds removed)
- 1 Navel Orange (peeled, seeds removed)
- Combine all ingredients in a juicer. If you don't have a juicer, add ingredients to high-speed blender and blend until very smooth.
- If you used a blender, strain through a fine-mesh sieve, nut milk bag, or cheesecloth to remove the pulp.
- Pour into a glass (over ice if you want to take your shot cold) and enjoy!
No Fresh Turmeric or Ginger Use ½ tbsp ginger powder and ½ tbsp turmeric powder. If juicing, just whisk or blend the powders in after juicing the orange and lemon.
Make It Thinner/ Make More Add water and ice as needed to thin out the juice and stretch it to make more. You can also juice a cucumber or romaine heart with this to make it into a glass of juice instead of a shot.
Foods that Heal Ginger is well-known for easing nausea and digestive upset.