Store-bought condiments are often filled with crap-tastic ingredients.
But sometimes you really need food to be saucy and sticky and tangy and exploding with flavor!
Try this outrageously easy sauce on sauteed broccoli and chicken / tofu for a meal that’s better than takeout.
Use it as a dip for air-fried french fries or nuggets, or brush it on any protein for an instant glaze.
Make up a batch and store it in a mason jar in the fridge, it should last at least a week and give you tangy flavor for days.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, vegan, and delicious!
- 8 fl ozs Pineapple Juice (from the can or bottle)
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- ⅓ cup Rice Vinegar
- 1½ tbsps Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsps Coconut Aminos
- 1½ tbsps Arrowroot Powder
- 2 tbsps Water (warm)
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- In a saucepan, whisk together the pineapple juice, maple syrup, rice vinegar, tomato paste and coconut aminos. Bring to a gentle simmer then turn off the heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the arrowroot powder and warm water. Add the slurry to the saucepan and whisk for about 30 seconds to thicken.
- Let it cool completely, taste and add a pinch of salt if needed, and transfer to an airtight container. Enjoy as a dipping sauce or glaze!
No Maple Syrup: Use brown sugar or adjust accordingly for your preferred sweetener.
No Coconut Aminos: Use tamari or soy sauce instead.
No Arrowroot Powder: Use cornstarch or tapioca flour instead.
No Pineapple Juice: Use pear juice instead.
Foods that Heal: Pineapple is very high in fiber and helps to promote a healthy digestive tract.