Don’t be afraid — making your own mayo is easy when you use a stick blender!
And honestly, the taste and is unmatched.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, vegetarian and delicious!
- 1 Organic Pasture Egg
- 1 cup Avocado Oil (or other light tasting oil like cold pressed sunflower or hazelnut oil)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- ¾ tsp Sea Salt
- 1½ tsps Yellow Mustard (or dijon mustard or mustard powder)
- Crack egg into wide mouth pint-sized mason jar, and add the other ingredients.
- With stick blender OFF, immerse into mason jar, rest at the bottom, and hold the jar firmly with your other hand.
- Turn the immersion blender on, and keep it at the bottom of the glass for 5-10 seconds, the mixture will almost instantly start forming a cloud of mayo. As the emulsion moves towards the top, slowly raise your blender up through the mayo, turning it off when it is still immersed, and when the mayo has completely blended into creamy white deliciousness.
- Taste, adjust seasonings if necessary, and enjoy! It will keep, covered, in the fridge until the expiration date of the egg used.
No stick blender: Using a stick-blender yields a near perfect mayo each time, but a regular blender will work as well. Be sure to get your egg to room temperature, and blend slowly, pouring the oils in drop by drop as you blend.
Other uses for Stick Blenders: A stick blender is very affordable and great to have on hand - especially if you love creamy soups!