You really can’t go wrong when garlic and rosemary are guests at your cooking party.
Infuse their powerful anti-viral properties into olive oil, and pack a flavor and a health punch!
This recipe couldn’t be easier. I even made a quick video so you can see for yourself how simple it is!
Just gently simmer the crushed cloves and a sprig of fresh rosemary (totally optional, the garlic alone is just as awesome!) on a low heat in the oil, then cool and strain.
Your cooking, dressings, dips, and drizzles will be abundant in the timeless and comforting flavor of roasted garlic, and your body will thank you for giving it food that is medicine.
Added bonus? You won’t have to chop fresh garlic each time you cook when you prep ahead with this recipe.
Try roasting your veggies with it, starting your skillet meals in it, making your dressings with it, cooking your proteins in it, and drizzling your veggies with it.
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 Garlic (cloves, smashed)
- 1 piece Rosemary (fresh, optional)
- Add the oil and garlic (and optional rosemary) to a small saucepan. Heat oil over low heat or until the garlic just begins to bubble. Don't let it simmer too aggressively, it's meant to be a gentle process.
- Remove from heat after about 3-4 minutes and allow to cool completely.
- Strain the garlic out of the oil using a cheesecloth or fine mesh sieve. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.
- Use to roast vegetables and meats, as a drizzle on finished foods, or at the base of a dressing or marinade. Enjoy!
Leftovers Refrigerate in an airtight container or jar until ready to use. The oil will keep for about one month.
Foods that Heal Garlic is antimicrobial, antibacterial and antifungal and is the perfect anti-cold and flu food!