Spiralizing vegetables into noodles opens up a whole new world of possibility for receiving more nutrients.
This simple pesto with hidden spinach has both flavor and nutrients, and the runny egg makes it over-the-top good!
Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free and delicious!
- 4 Zucchini (large)
- 1 cup Basil Leaves
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 Garlic (clove, minced)
- ¼ cup Walnuts
- ⅓ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 4 Egg
- Spiralize your zucchini into noodles and set aside.
- In a food processor combine basil, spinach, garlic, walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice
- and sea salt. Blend until smooth.
- Fry your eggs in a skillet or poach them in a small sauce pan with water and
- vinegar. Transfer them to a plate lined with paper towel.
- You can serve this dish in two ways: For a cold dish, toss your zucchini noodles in
- desired amount of pesto, top with a fried or poached egg and serve. Or, for a
- warm dish, heat a bit of olive oil in the skillet on low and saute your noodles
- until warmed through, add pesto and work it around with tongs to evenly
- distribute. Transfer to bowls and top with a fried egg. Enjoy!
More Carbs: Use brown rice pasta instead of zucchini noodles.
No Spinach: Use kale or any dark leafy green.
Alternate Protein: Skip the egg and top with salmon, chickpeas, or crumbled pastured nitrate-free bacon.
Foods That Heal: Basil is a powerful anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory agent in the body, its flavonoids even provide protection to your cells!