This 5 ingredient-or-less recipe is kind of addicting and insanely versatile.
Whip some up late-night as the perfect snack, to pair with soup or eggs, or as a crust for some yummy pizza!
Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, vegan and delicious!
- 1 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1 cup Lukewarm Water
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Combine garbanzo bean flour and lukewarm water in large bowl and whisk until completely combined.
- Leave on counter for at least 30 minutes, and up to 24 hours. The longer it sits, the more creamy and delicious the Socca will be!
- When ready to cook, preheat to 450 degrees and put cast iron skillet in the oven to heat up for at least 10 minutes at full temperature.
- Whisk the olive oil and salt into the batter, adding any additional desired toppings: caramelized onions, fresh or dried herbs, sliced olives, roasted red peppers, etc.
- Carefully remove the skillet from the oven once it is fully preheated and drizzle in the avocado oil, tilting the pan to coat the bottom, then pour the Socca batter in. It should sizzle!
- Place skillet back in oven for 10-12 minutes, until edges begin to crisp up and bottom is a lovely golden brown.
- Change oven setting to broil and set the skillet under broiler for 30 - 60 seconds to brown and crisp up in spots at the top and edges.
- Remove from oven and slide the Socca out onto a cutting board. Drizzle with more olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and any other optional toppings (black pepper, zaatar, finely grated cheese, etc.)
- Slice or cut and enjoy immediately!