You’re going to love these little biscuits!
Perfect for slathering with pasture butter and strawberry jelly or stuffing with tuna salad or a fried egg, these biscuits cook up beautifully and re-heat well.
Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and delicious!
- ¾ cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1½ tbsps Coconut Oil (chilled)
- 6 Egg (whites only)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Add your solid, chilled coconut oil and use your hands to break it up until crumbly. Set aside in the fridge.
- Use a hand / stand mixer to whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the whites into your chilled flour mixture.
- Scoop the mixture onto the baking sheet using an ice cream scoop and gently flatten the top. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Let cool then enjoy!
Coconut Oil Note:Don't skip chilling the coconut oil- it has to be cold for the biscuits to bake properly!